The Polish Club Ashfield celebrated in style its 50th Anniversary with a sparkling Gold Ball. It was attended by 230 people with a range of guests from founding members, first, second and third generations of Polacy, local politicians and Polish dignatories:
- Lucille McKenna OAM, former Mayor of Ashfield Council and Member of the Inner West Council Implementation Advisory Committee
- Mr John Haines AM, State President of the Returned Services League of Australia
- Mrs Dorota Preda, Vice Consul of the Republic of Poland
- Mrs Cheryl Borsak, representing The Honourable Robert Borsak, Member of the Legislative Council
- Mr Leszek Wikarjusz, the President of the Polish Community Council of Australia
The room was adorned in gold decorations with guests asked to dress in the theme as well. Asha Lunarzewska and band provided stellar entertainment all night. They were a big hit with people dancing all night long!
Sto Lat Restaurant provided the catering and many remarked positively on the quality and quantity of their meals.
The 50th cake was a huge surprise due to its sheer scale. People were queuing up to get a photo with this special cake!
The crowd was dazzled by Syrenka Folkloric Ensemble with their performances from Senior and Middle groups.
Most guests remarked that this was the best event that they had ever been to at the Club!
Here's to another 50 years and beyond. Sto lat!